GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

External clients Autodiscover Fails.It will not find .local mail server

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 External clients Autodiscover Fails.It will not find .local mail server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rbx123

[SIZE=14px]I have just inherited a new organization which has an in internal domain named abc.local and external website/email domain of abc-xyz.com abc & xyz are of course just place holders. When an external client try to use Autodiscover from within Outlook or a Mobile phone it will not automatically connect. It prompts for a username/password. The only way to get it to work is to enter the local domainuser name such as abc.localusername.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]I have also tried the following….[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]I just tried changing the UPN as described above but it did not work.The message I get is “Authentication failed”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]to make it work I must manually change the auto filled in “Domainusername field” from “johnsmith” to abcjsmith” It will not accept the full user name with is used in the email address. The user logon for the domain is first Initial, Last name.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px][SIZE=14px]Is there a SIMPLE way to fix this? Or can someone tell me Specifically how to correct this so Autodiscover will work correctly?[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]What next?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]Any help is truly appreciated…..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]Roy[/SIZE]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.