Export-Mailbox Problem

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Export-Mailbox Problem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    plvoy

Hi,

I have to Export the entire DB to PST’s every Night. Server is EXCH 2007 SP3. At the Moment I use this snippet of Powershell code to do so:
    foreach ($mbx in (Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited)) { Export-Mailbox -identity $mbx –PSTFolderPath “E:$mbx.pst” -Confirm:$false }
    [/CODE]But it takes forever to export the 100GB / 1100 Users Database since it can only export 1 Mailbox at a time. I’m not a PS Geek, so bare with me.
    Is there any Chance to run multiple threads with this one?
    I already tried
    [CODE]Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Export-Mailbox –PSTFolderPath “E:” -Confirm:$false
    [/CODE]It breaks with error like “Cannot write multiple Mailboxes to single PST File”

any ideas?
    – Tobias[CODE]foreach ($mbx in (Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited)) { Export-Mailbox -identity $mbx –PSTFolderPath “E:$mbx.pst” -Confirm:$false }
    [/CODE]But it takes forever to export the 100GB / 1100 Users Database since it can only export 1 Mailbox at a time. I’m not a PS Geek, so bare with me.
    Is there any Chance to run multiple threads with this one?
    I already tried
    Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Export-Mailbox –PSTFolderPath “E:” -Confirm:$false
    [/CODE]It breaks with error like “Cannot write multiple Mailboxes to single PST File”

any ideas?
    – Tobias[CODE]Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Export-Mailbox –PSTFolderPath “E:” -Confirm:$false

any ideas?
    – Tobias

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.