I am having this very stranage problem. I am running a Windows 2003/ Exchange 2003 Ent setup. A few of our send/recieve email from a diffrent domain. To commplish this I have set their other email address as primary in use’s properties. This has work flawlessly with the Outlook 2003 and the Web Client. Recently we have added WM5 decives into the mix. Users on the WM5 that do not use their domain account as the primary email can not sync. The device activesync give the error “Support code: 0x85010014”.
From activesync verbose output I can see that the server does actually respond to the device. It breaks when it trys to do a Folder Sync. The server responds at this point with “HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error” .
Again, for users that do not change their primary email from the default domain have no trouble syncing.