Exchange Server Auto Respond

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Exchange Server Auto Respond

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    joey304

Not sure if this topic has been covered or not, I couldn’t find anything on the forums by searching.

This is a pretty simple thing that I would think you would be able to do with Exchange Server 2003.

We have a distribution email group “[email protected]”. When someone emails this account from our website we would like for it to do an auto-reply. I can it get to work for all emails that come in on the account by using one members of the group mailbox and creating a rule. The problem is that we only want it to send an auto response to emails that are generated by the our website only.

What I’m trying to avoid is setting up a rule on a member of that group mailbox and also avoid some getting an auto response that doesn’t need one. I know that you can set the rule to look for specific word in the message and other things but I was thinking that there has to be an easier way using the exchange server itself not users mail accounts.

If anyone knows a way of doing this, it would be of great help.

Thanks in Advance,
    -Joey

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.