GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Exchange Ent 2003 SP2 – Replication Process

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Exchange Ent 2003 SP2 – Replication Process

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shades

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I’d like to first say hi.

I was hired to install a new server on an existing domain.
    This client has one server running as the DC, DNS, DHCP and Exchange STD 2003. They baught a new server (H/W) to upgrade performance. I’ve installed Win 2003 Ent x32 R2 on it. My plan is to install Exchange Server 2003 Ent (for more room for mailboxes) along with their File Share….etc. I’d like to keep the other server in production with minimal downtime during this migration. I’ve added to the domain using a different name and the DC can see it with no issues. I’ve added the PTR Host A record in the DNS on the DC Server and it can be resolved. I’ve install all the windows updates and required Exchange service, ran Forest Prep and Domain Prep, installed the Exchange Server with no issues reported. I did not replicate the Public Store files yet (is this necessary for this setup and is there an easy way to do this without using PFMIGRATE.WSF?)…. Can I start moving mailboxes now? How do I get the new server to take over as the main Exchange Server? I’ve enabled the SMTP TCP prt 25 on the firewall…Updated the MX Record in the DNS…If I add a new user in the AD, will they have a mailbox on the new server or the original? I’d like to remove the old Exchange Server (no redundancy).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.