Exchange DAG Questions

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange DAG Questions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    marcus2704

I have a DAG across two Sites, consisting of a CAS/Mailbox server and FSW in Site A, and a CAS/Mailbox server in Site B. I have a single namespace mynamespace.company.com.

Recently, the main server has had a few cluster issues and has activated the DBs automatically on the Site B. The result of this is that OWA/ActiveSync/Outlook Anywhere stop working until the DBs are pushed back.

I have set activation to block automatically activating across sites, but my understanding would be that I would expect Exchange to be able to proxy the various requests across to Site B, as both servers were effectively online.

If that isn’t the case, am I correct in thinking I would need to manually update the A record of the DNS namespace in order for mailboxes in Site B to work with OWA/ActiveSync/Outlook?

Ideally I’m looking for as near a seamless solution as possible, in the event that the DBs are switched over without lots of manual intervention to get things working again.

Any feedback appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.