I have a client who has a server running SBS 2011 with Exchange 2010. Recently they started receiving the credentials popup at random times in their Outlook and I cannot figure out why!
I have checked autodiscover settings and all seems well. I have also tried to rerun the Connect to the Internet Wizard, Setup Internet address wizard and Add a trusted certificate wizard in that order but still the same thing.
I also noticed that if I create a new profile in Outlook, it auto populates the server details and user details of the person logged in as normal but when it reaches the step “Log on to server” the user is prompted with the credentials popup.
Additionally, I’m not sure if this is by design, but I have noticed that the mailbox name in Outlook is the email address rather than the user’s name. Not sure if related.
All PCs are running Outlook 2010. Exchange 2010 SP3.