GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Exchange 2010 Recovery, Cannot Delete Server

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010 Recovery, Cannot Delete Server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BoriZ

I made a terrible mistake by just remove an offline exchange 2010 server and threw away the VHD as well, no backup.

I was able to install Exhange 2010 by installing a new 2008r2 server with same name. Setup /m:RecoverServer. This worked , i was able to recover it.
    But it did not recover the maildatabase obviously.
    So now i cannot unstall the mail database because it is dismounted, and i cannot dismount it. Also create a new one is not possible due to the unique name.
    Question is, how can i create a new database with the same ID or how can i remove the database (last one in the org) while it does not exist.

Tried following via Console and PowerShell without success.
    I hope someone can help me, just want to this one server out of my environment.

The mailbox database ‘Mailbox Database 0146895799’ cannot be deleted.
    Mailbox Database 0146895799
    Failed
    Error:
    This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes or arbitration mailboxes. To get a list of all mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database . To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database -Arbitration. Before you can remove this mailbox database, you must disable, move, or remove user mailboxes and move arbitration mailboxes.

OK

The operation couldn’t be performed because object ‘Mailbox Database 014895799’ couldn’t be found on
    remove-mailbox *1f05a* -arbitration
    Exchange can’t remove the arbitration mailbox “*1f05a*” because it’s the last one in the organization.
    disable-mailbox -identity “Mailbox Database 014895799” -confirm
    The operation couldn’t be performed because object ‘Mailbox Database 014895799’ couldn’t be found on ‘xj6srvr01.domain.nl’.
    [PS] C:Windowssystem32>remove-mailboxdatabase -identity “Mailbox Database 0146895799”
    This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes or arbitration mailboxes. To get a list of all mailboxes in this d
    atabase, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database . To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this databa
    se, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database
    -Arbitration. Before you can remove this mailbox database, you
    must disable, move, or remove user mailboxes and move arbitration mailboxes.
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (Mailbox Database 0146895799:DatabaseIdParameter) [Remove-MailboxDatab
    ase], AssociatedUserMailboxExistException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 681B336F,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.RemoveMailboxDatabase

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.