Exchange 2010, pickup, drop and foreign connector

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010, pickup, drop and foreign connector

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pgudge

Hi, I have only used/supported Exchange 2003, so this hub transport stuff is all new to me.

Outcome: Exchange receives email, drops to folder, my gateway picks up the email, processes, then drops back to a pickup folder for Exchange to deliver externally.

I have setup Exchange 2010, created a Send Connector for route to online SMTP server.

I then created a Foreign Connector using New-ForeignConnector command. and set the -DropDirectory. All emails sent to the Exchange server are now dropped in the folder (C:Program FilesMicrosoftExchange ServerV14DropGateway) in .eml format.

My gateway will pickup emails in this folder and do stuff. I then need to put these emails into a Pickup folder so that they are routed to another SMTP server. Is it possible to create a Pickup Folder for a Send Connector?

If I move one of the emails to the default Pickup folder (C:Program FilesMicrosoftExchange ServerV14TransportRolesPickup) the email is placed back in the drop directory.

Am I on the right tracks here?

Thanks for any help/advice.

PaulG.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.