exchange 2007 cannot send or receive emails from all domains on the internet

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 exchange 2007 cannot send or receive emails from all domains on the internet

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    elie.yazbek

hi expert
    i have one server where exchange 2007 with all the roles (except the edge) are installed also i have a forfront role installed on the same server.
    i am able to receive emails from many domains such as hotmail, yahoo and many others while i am not able to receive emails from others.
    for example
    i can send emails to sgbl.com while i am not able to receive emails from them.
    my mx record is hold by the ISP.
    my external domain name is the same as the internal one

when i do
    -> nslookup
    ->set type=MX
    -> the FQDN of my domain

i get my external ip address

and when i do
    -> nslookup
    ->set type=PTR
    ->public ip address

i get the correct FQDN of my mail server.

also when i try to send an email from a domain between the ones that my domain is not receiving emails
    even when selecting a delivery report i don’t get any reply nor a postmaster message so i don’t have any error number

but when i try to send an email from another domain which is also between the ones that my domain is not receiving email i get the following error

** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **
    ** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **

The original message was received at Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:53:49 +0100

The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors

Transcript of session follows

Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
    Will keep trying until message is 2 days old
    Reporting-MTA: DNS; pegasus.websector.pt
    Arrival-Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:19:10 +0100

Original-Recipient: RFC822; < ,[email protected]> (it is the mail of the receipient)
    Final-Recipient: RFC822; < [email protected]> (it is the same email which exist in the :Original-Recipient” field )
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.medianova.co.ao
    Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:53:49 +0100

also i can telnet the server from outside using port 25 (by the fqdn of mail server or by external ip address) and i can send message (from the telnet session) using as sender an address that belong to one of the domain that cannot send emails to me

NOTE: on my internal DNS the MX record is pointing the internal ip of email server not the public one

please expert assist where could be my problem?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.