Exchange 2003 to AOL.com

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Exchange 2003 to AOL.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • fyrfytr182

Hello to everyone!

I am trying to send e-mail to any aol.com address using Exchange 2003 SP1, and it just sits in the queue because AOL is rejecting it. I have narrowed down the problem down to a possible PTR record issue (their spam software requires it), because my domain is not what is listed in the PTR. I use qwest.net as an ISP, and a reverse DNS lookup on my IP gives a “xxxxxx.hlrn.qwest.net” answer, not my domain.

— My IP does have a PTR record, but does that record have to match my domain name to not be rejected by AOL’s servers?

— If so, what do I need to change or whom do I have to talk to get the PTR record changed to reflect my domain name?

I was using a my previous ISP’s SMTP server as a smart host and I was able to set up an SMTP connector to route aol.com mail through the smart host, but my current ISP only uses web-based e-mail, and does not give me an SMTP server to relay through. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much in advance!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download this eBook!

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

his eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure. The eBook will also outline some of the major decision points across four general-purpose guest access policy scenarios for how an organization can set this up with standard licensing.

Download Now

Sponsored By