Exchange 2003 standard what happens when it reaches the limit of 75GB

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Exchange 2003 standard what happens when it reaches the limit of 75GB

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ranjb
    Participant

Hi All
    I have a server which is running Exchange 2003 Standard with SP2 where the database files are:
    priv1.edb = 49 GB
    priv1.stm = 25 GB
    Can I just clarify the 75GB limit that is on the standard edition. Is that 75GB with both the edb and stm put together or is it seperate.
    We run the mailbox management process on a sunday evening.
    What exactly will happen once the limit has been reached? I know in the past we have had the store go offline. Is this all that will happen.
    I have had a look at our environment and email is now available to more users than ever. We have grown an extra 100 users in the space of 3 months.
    Currently this server is a VM inside an ESX4 cluster. Its a Windows Server 2003 Standard edition (32bit only) and I am concisious that exchange by defulat consumes all the memory which is has already done. I know I can’t expand the memory unless 64 bit is installed but want to refrain from doing this as it would make more sense to upgrade. The issue is the cost of 100 or so licenses which are still 2003 licenses and would need to be upgraded. I also notice a lot of spikes on CPU usage which on occasions I have seen between 75% and 90%.
    I want any ammunitation you folks can give to make a case for us to upgrade to Exchange 2010.
    Any thoughts are welcome…

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.