Exchange 2003: No access from second subnet

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Exchange 2003: No access from second subnet

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Hobie

Hello all, I need help once again :)

I have two subnets that connected via VPN (site to site cisco).
    Any machine on the same subnet as the exchange server works fine, OWA from any machine (either subnet and obviously public IPs) works fine.

If I try to connect from a machine on the secondary subnet the system appears to get stuck in the authentication phase. It keeps asking me to supply credentials and then eventually it fails with “The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable”. (I thought maybe AD issue, but I can login to this site’s terminal environment and open email with outlook there)

I have looked via good old google and found several fixes, but none of them work for me.

What I have done so far:
    Telnet: Originally I had the 220 ****************
    Solution: I ran “no fixup protocol smtp 25” on both routers and rebooted them

I looked in global filtering and could locate anything to prevent outside subnets from working.

I can ping from both sides (exchange to desktop, desktop to exchange) and I can run nslookup from both sides.

My environment
    Dual site (ADSS) (I posted previously with replication issues, but they are resolved now) and the exchange is in the Second site (desktop is in primary).

The exchange server is sitting on subnet 1.1.222.x and the desktops are on 1.1.111.x and are connected via VPN tunnels on two cisco asa devices.

Thanks!
    Hobie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.