GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

exch 2007 to exch 2013

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 exch 2007 to exch 2013

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bigalusn

Hello everyone, in the process of creating a new server, with Windows Serv 2012 St. Ed, all service packs and MS updates.

Now I want to install Exch 2013 Ent Ed but I’ve been going over the checklist from 2007 to 2013 and just have a few question on the current certificate that is on my 2007 exch server.

Can I use the same certificate?
    Reading the article I’m kinda confused on the cert part, seems like I don’t need the third party certificate.

I’ve read the release notes, verified system requirements, created a legacy host name (legacy.mydomain.com).

I’ve already upgraded my AD’s, I have two one is a 2008 and the other is 2012.

seems like it’s pretty much a straight forward install, just not clear on the cert part.

what I want to have happen is keep existing 2007 exch working, install new exch 2013, have them both work at the same time, migrate a few inboxes over for testing.

this article helps, but again it doesn’t say if I can use the same cert on two different exch servers:

http://www.digicert.com/ssl-certificate-installation-microsoft-exchange-2013.htm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.