Excel 2003 Save Issues

Home Forums Office Office XP / 2003 General Issues Excel 2003 Save Issues

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KCSADJS

I have a user that is using Excel 2003 and opening files located on her home drive. When she opens them and makes changes to the spreadsheet, she normally clicks Save and it saves the file. BAU here; nothing new to anyone.

Now for some reason she goes to save the file and it does not save the file as the file she was working from. For example:

#2 List.xls (is the original file name)
    007C4E000 (is what is creates with no extension when she does save it)

It is like this random numbered sequence file is a “dump” or a temp of Excel. However the funny thing is you open that file up, Excel will open it and the changes that have been made are there.

It does not prompt you to say Windows cannot open this file…What program do you want to use to open this file. None of that. Excel will open it with out any issues.

The only way around it is to make sure that the original file is closed and then save the file with no extension as the original file; over writing the file.

EU is getting pretty upset and I have checked the share permissions, file permissions, event logs and everything is set the way it should be. And I am not even sure what to call this to look it up on the web.

The only thing that was changed was a BIOS and Keyboard driver update done on Tuesday. But this issue was preexisting before that update.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.