GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

ESX 3.5 Error connecting: connection terminated by server, ret -1 err 0

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization ESX 3.5 Error connecting: connection terminated by server, ret -1 err 0

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    globee7

Hi Everyone,

I recently inherited a remote ESX environment which consists of the VMware ESX server running on a Linux machine. Last night we experienced a power outage at the location the ESX server is running from. The server is back online, and I can access it via the VMware Infrastructure Client and see our virtual servers. However, upon trying to open the console via the VIC for any of the virtual servers I get the error (see attached images):

“Error connecting: Connection terminated by server, ret -1 err 0”

Being new to the technology, I am not even sure where to begin troubleshooting. I have tried several Google searches but could not find a definitive solution to the problem. If there is any other information i can provide please let me know and I will do my best to supply it. Any suggestions you can offer is really appreciated.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.