"Easy Administration" in a W2K3 Server AD environment

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory "Easy Administration" in a W2K3 Server AD environment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    arvidj

Hello

I’ve gotten a task to set up an AD environment on a W2K3 Server, where the queue is “easy administration”. And I honestly thought I had the “easy administration” part down (putting relevant shortcuts on the desktop of the administrator user etc..), but it’s not enough.

Say you were to set up the server for a small business (5-10 people), that didn’t want to spend alot of money on IT systems. Just a simple AD server with file / print etc etc. One of the employees (not so good with computers) would be managing this system. By managing/maintaining I mean all tasks related to creating new users / deleting old ones etc. How can you make this easier on them? How would you set this system up in a way that YOUR MOTHER could be the “IT responsible”? And I mean really point and click…

*Automating as many tasks as possible (Any suggestions?)
    *Practical example*: Making template users (instead of right click > new user, you just copy a template user and rename it)

I need more tips like these. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.