Download XenServer v5.0 Enterprise FREE of charge

Home Forums Virtualization Other Virtualization Products and Issues Download XenServer v5.0 Enterprise FREE of charge

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • switch

Effective from April 1, 2009 (no this is NOT an April fools day joke) you can download from the Citrix site XenServer v5.0 free of charge and also can use it unlimited free of charge. XenServer v5.0 is an enterprise based hypervisor. This is not the OpenSource version of XenServer.

Download from here:
    http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/home.asp

As I stated before, this is NOT the OpenSource version, but the Enterprise version, for which you had to pay previously. Citrix offered three versions before. They have abandoned to offer three for pay versions and instead now offer the full version free of charge (for which you had to pay at least USD 2000,- or so). Don’t ask me why Citrix decided to change their strategy. I only can speculate (VMware’s ESX monopolistic position?). May be the market entry threshold was too high for Citrix to gain significant market share? Please note that Citrix will possibly off-set their loss in sales by offering for sale add-in / add-ons for XenServer (mainly for the Administrator).

XenServer is a 64-bit bare metal hypervisor, running VM’s for Linux, Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit.

XenServer uses the native Microsoft drivers in the VMs, as opposed to the proprietery drivers written by VMware for ESX. This is a big advantage over ESX. And ESX of VMWare is 32-bit, as opposed to XenServer, which is 64-bit.

I had no other choice than to put this posting in the VMware Virtualization forum. May be the Forum administrators can add Citrix Xenserver as a separate Virtualization forum?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: