I have a troublesome issue that I have been working on for over a week now. One of my clients suddenly developed a problem with their Windows 2003 server and Active Directory where they were unable to add any new workstations to the domain.
There is only one DC and no other servers in the domain.
netdiag /fix only found an error with the Netcard queries test.
dcdiag /v everything passes.
gpotool showed no errors.
The error when adding the workstations indicate that the domain controller was successfully located in DNS but was unable be found. I have tested connectivity between the workstations and the server, virus scans.
I stopped netlogon, removed the DNS zones (both the primary and the _msdcs zones), deleted netlogon.dns and netlogon.dnb, recreated the zones and started netlogon. i also flushed the DNS cache and forced ipconfig /registerdns.
I tried nltest /dsregdns.
I upgraded the server to service pack 2 and updated all missing patches to make it current.
Everything appears to be ok but the workstations still give the same error. I am desperate for a solution to this but I cannot seem to find one online as yet.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.