Documents & Settings folder has domain name appended to username (?)

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Documents & Settings folder has domain name appended to username (?)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    braytonak

We use a Win2k Server AD domain. One of my co-workers is writing a script or macro for some project. He has found that the script / macro doesn’t work correctly for one user because her user folder (inside Documents and Settings) has the domain name appended to it. (Instead of the username MEA, it says MEA.AKCHILD).

We’re pretty certain that the system did this because there was already an MEA folder placed there manually. (Long story.)

I was thinking that the old MEA folder could be renamed, then the new one (MEA.AKCHILD) could be copied to a different safe place to preserve its contents. The current MEA user could have their profile and folder removed from the system. Finally, having this user log in again would (at least in my theory) recreate the traditional, plain MEA folder name.

Does this make sense to anyone? Is my theory going to bork something? Let me know if I left out any pertinent info.

Thanks in advance…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.