DNS On Single Server Stopped Working

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 DNS On Single Server Stopped Working

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bob Goodman

My new W2K3 install was working great yesterday. Booted it up today to put it into production and DNS is not working. When I go to dnsmgmt, right click server, click Properties, then click Monitor tab and run the Simple and Recursive tests the Simple test passes every time but the Recursive test is failing. How do I find what’s wrong with the Recursion?

I have static IP address on both NICs in the server.

On DNS Server Properties:
    Interfaces: Checked “Only the following IP address: have both internal NIC addresses listed

Forwarders:
    DNS Domain: “All other DNS domains.
    Select domain’s forwarder IP address list: (our ISPs primary and secondary listed)

Everything else is default on the other tabs.

At this point I have installed on this server: AD, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Remote Access/VPN, Terminal Server, Application Server, Print Server, File Server.

When I need to put the server/new network on the internet I connect it to the live router. Over the weekend I set that live router to be in our new subnet but gave it’s DHCP server a scope outside of the range of the scope on the DHCP server.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.