DNS issue with one host

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 DNS issue with one host

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • starrouter

We recently moved into a new building with a new network. The old network had IP addresses of 192.168.71.xxx, the new is 192.168.20.xxx. I have one device that I am having an issue with. If I use the host name and the domain name I can reach it, but if I use the host name alone it times out looking for it’s old IP address. For example, ping NAS01.mydomain.local will resolve to it’s new address of 192.168.20.11, but if I ping NAS01 it times out looking for 192.168.71.11, it’s former address. In the DNS server ( windows 2008 R2 ) there is a record for it with the correct current ip address in forward lookup zones. I have verified that the correct dns server and gw address are used on the nas device. What can I do to get it to respond to it’s hostname alone.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: