Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1 Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1

Disbale Windows Firewall using Group Policy

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Disbale Windows Firewall using Group Policy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Mike69z

Hi all (again!)

I do have one other challenge with my new 2003 SBS Server.

I have some users that need to use a cisco VPN client to access another network.

The users that are using XP, by default, can not turn off their windows firewall.

When I go into the settings for the firewall the following message is displayed at the top:- “For your security, some settings are controlled by group policy”.

I have looked at the settings on the server in group policys and the option for windows firewall is not choosen – I am afraid I am totally lost as to how to turn off the firewall.

Once again many many thanks in advance,

Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.