DHCP duplicate leases

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DHCP DHCP duplicate leases

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    markdavies

Hello,

I have a Windows Server 2008 domain controller with DHCP installed, this server is called “exchange”. I moved the DHCP services off a Windows Server 2003 a few weeks ago. It gives out DHCP to PC’s and everything without an issue. One thing it does though for some strange reason is in the list of leases it keeps getting lots of entries for my “terminalserver” and the “exchange” server, both of which are set with static IP addresses! I dont have any reservations set for these servers but I have excluded their static IP’s using the exclusions.
    Both of these servers are Virtual Machines running on VMWare platform, the main server called “exchange” has an E1000 virtual network card and the “terminalserver” has a VMXNET 3 virtual network card.

I’ve checked for any duplicate DNS entries for these servers and there are no issues from what I can see.

The problem it’s causing is that there aren’t many available IP’s anyway so when these servers take about 8 each its robbing the only remaining addresses.
    To temporarily get around the problem I go into the list of DHCP leases and just delete all the entries for these two servers.

Any ideas of a solution to permanently stop this happening?
    Thanks a lot
    Mark

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.