GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

DFS Permissions Child Folders

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 DFS Permissions Child Folders

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

DFS has been configured on 3 of our 2008 servers. All of them are 64 Bit but two are STD SP2 and one is R2. I never used DFS before so all this is new. From what I can tell the replication and namespace are working. I have a very simple test structure with just a few folders. The issue I’m having is that no matter what permissions I set on the child folders of the root, users (other than admins) are all read & execute. I shared the subfolders directly and added the users to the share access but it didn’t work (still read). I also had the user’s navigate to the folder directly without going through the namespace and they were denied write access. I turned off inheritance on the child folders and added the users there directly but it had no effect. What confused me is when I tested this on several occasions (I’m pretty sure) it was working. If I recreate the folder permissions outside of the root DFS share they users can access and write to it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.