1-Day Virtual Conference on Teams Here on Petri.com - Learn More Sign up for our latest webinar!

DFP Replication Help

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Deland01

Guys, we have an issue were users have discovered files on a DFS share are different. Folders & files are missing and have been for a while now so the replication appears to be broken.

I’ve checked the replication schedule for the DFS folder and there are 4 member servers in a mesh topology. From the checks I’ve done so far it looks like some of the server cant see each other as the firewall is blocking the replication. The health checks & DFS logs confirm this so I’m guessing that opening the firewalls up should rectify the issues.

The file & folder count on the shares looks like this:
    SERVER01
    [FONT=&quot]110GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]65,253 Files, 2,228 Folders[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    SERVER02
    [FONT=&quot]110GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]65,264 Files, 2,231 Folders[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    SERVER03
    [FONT=&quot]108GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]65,578 Files, 2,256 Folders[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    SERVER04
    [FONT=&quot]108GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]65,664 Files, 2,256 Folders

So my questions are:

01. Is there a way to run a report to compare files on each server to work out which are the newest?

02. Will a firewall change fix the replication issues and update all of the data in the mesh or will it potential cause some more issues? With this question I’m thinking if one person has updated a file on SERVER01 and another person updated the same file on SERVER02, Im assuming DFS will overwrite all files on all member servers with the newest copies, potentially losing change in some files?

Any thoughts?[/FONT]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.