Desktop Lockdown

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    AJStevens

Hi all,

I’ve been through GPO with a fine tooth comb, and suffering blurry vision starring at it so long, but for the life of me I just can’t find what I’m looking for.

I’m trying to apply a policy to workstations to prevent adding files to the desktop, while still displaying My Computer, My Docs, Internet Explorer and common program shortcuts.

Additionally, want to stop people renaming the default icons, such as Internet Explorer to P**n Explorer etc.

The interesting thing is, I recall a colleaque once applying a GPO to a Terminal Server that had the end result of a user not being able to drag and drop items on the desktop etc. however, right-clicking a file and selecting the Send to, Desktop (Create Shortcut) still worked.

Any ideas? I Suppose I could redirect everyone’s Desktop to a central point with read-only, but would rather not. That still wouldn’t prevent renaming the default icons which is the most important part.

I wouldn’t mind user’s being able to add shortcuts to the desktop, just not files.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.