Deploying AD for small business

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Deploying AD for small business

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kingbear2

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this post.

We are a relatively small country in the US. We have about 150 employees in 10 offices nationwide. We currently have a separate AD for Exchange and one for Terminal Services. We are doing some IT restructuring, and I would appreciate any advice you guys can give me. We would like to have one central DC with AD, to control the following 3 things:

1. Exchange Server
    2. Terminal Services
    3. Roaming Profiles

In addition to allowing our users access to Terminal Services for a specific CRM app that we use, we would also like to lock down the computers in each individual office using a domain (right now each user runs his own administrator account on his personal computer – no domain). We want to VPN all the offices together (router-based) and then have each user log into his computer on one global domain for everyone.

I would like to know if anyone can guide me on how to set this up. My questions include:

1. What type of hardware should the AD be running on (we use Dell, and I would like to use a PowerEdge server)?

2. How many AD machines do we need?

3. Do we need a separate Domain Controller in each office, or is one DC in the Data Center good enough?

4. Can we run other services on the DC like Terminal Services, or does the machine need to be dedicated only to AD?

5. Should we be setting up roaming profiles for the users, or should they each be storing their profile on the local computer?

6. How can we create separate profiles for them when they connect to their local desktop, and for when they connect to the Terminal Server?

Thank you so much for any info you can give me that will help me with this setup.

-Eli

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.