Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1 Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1

deleting folders

Home Forums Scripting DOS Command Shell deleting folders

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • shmengie

okay, this has to be the simplest thing ever, yet, it eludes me.

i have a scheduled task that runs once a week which calls a batch file. the batch file has the line:del v:*.* /s /q[/CODE]where v is a mapped share.

this runs perfectly, except, it leaves behind all my empty folders and their subs. i suppose i could add a line like[CODE]rd *.*[/CODE] but after googling, i don’t think rd supports wildcards.

i found some wsh solutions, but that sure seems to be beyond the scope of just having the del *.* command do what i want. like i said, this has to be the simplest thing ever. apparently, though, not as simple as me!

tia[CODE]del v:*.* /s /q[/CODE]where v is a mapped share.

this runs perfectly, except, it leaves behind all my empty folders and their subs. i suppose i could add a line likerd *.*[/CODE] but after googling, i don’t think rd supports wildcards.

i found some wsh solutions, but that sure seems to be beyond the scope of just having the del *.* command do what i want. like i said, this has to be the simplest thing ever. apparently, though, not as simple as me!

tia[CODE]rd *.*[/CODE] but after googling, i don’t think rd supports wildcards.

tia

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.