GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

deleting folders

Home Forums Scripting DOS Command Shell deleting folders

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shmengie

okay, this has to be the simplest thing ever, yet, it eludes me.

i have a scheduled task that runs once a week which calls a batch file. the batch file has the line:del v:*.* /s /q[/CODE]where v is a mapped share.

this runs perfectly, except, it leaves behind all my empty folders and their subs. i suppose i could add a line like[CODE]rd *.*[/CODE] but after googling, i don’t think rd supports wildcards.

i found some wsh solutions, but that sure seems to be beyond the scope of just having the del *.* command do what i want. like i said, this has to be the simplest thing ever. apparently, though, not as simple as me!

tia[CODE]del v:*.* /s /q[/CODE]where v is a mapped share.

this runs perfectly, except, it leaves behind all my empty folders and their subs. i suppose i could add a line likerd *.*[/CODE] but after googling, i don’t think rd supports wildcards.

i found some wsh solutions, but that sure seems to be beyond the scope of just having the del *.* command do what i want. like i said, this has to be the simplest thing ever. apparently, though, not as simple as me!

tia[CODE]rd *.*[/CODE] but after googling, i don’t think rd supports wildcards.

tia

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.