Deleting Files From Mapped Drives

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Deleting Files From Mapped Drives

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kobe 310

This is a VMWARE Enviroment

i have a terminal server part of a domain(DC). and i have a data server, all 3 servers, DC included are running 2008R2.

the way my platform works, is that users log into a Terminal Server, users have mapped drives to the DATA Server where 90% of all data is stored. Users email, etc is stored on the TS.

I use VEEAM to back up daily, the data server itself takes a few hours to backup.
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    OK,

if a person works on a project on the TS, lets say for 4 hours, saves it to the data server, but then accidentally deletes it off the DATA Server before it is backed up. It’s now gone, because it was deleted from mapped drive. It doesn’t go to a recycle bin.
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    Now I have a local backup, and i also have a DR backup location.
    I have all of these backup’s but can’t save something if it was deleted before being backed up because it was worked on across mapped drive.

I WOULD THINK THAT ALL OF THE COMPANIES DON’T JUST WORK OF OF 1 GIGANTIC SERVER SO FILES WONT BE DELETED.

QUESTION.

1) Is my platform common, if not, what is the normal method when working on TS, but have data stored on another.

2) How do you keep data from “JUST BEING GONE” if deleted.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.