VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

Dedicated Server Advice.

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Dedicated Server Advice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Spuddy

Hi,

I have recently rented a single dedicated server. It’s internet facing with a handful of IPv4 addresses available.

I would like to setup a visualized exchange environment/domain controller (new domain). The server comes pre-installed/licensed for Server 2012 Datacenter Edition. So I know I’m OK to setup various hyper-v VM’s for the EX and DC servers.

My concerns are that there is no hardware firewall in front of this box that I can administer myself. Therefore, I was thinking about whether I could do something funky with the visualization host with firewall/NAT/routing etc. Could it act as the firewall protection for the VM’s it hosts?

Any advice would be great.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By