Custom built SAN for Productin environment

Home Forums Virtualization Other Virtualization Products and Issues Custom built SAN for Productin environment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Yantra

Hi,

I need you advise here about using custom built SAN for our Production environment,

Environment,

120 users, 10 windows server (including Exchange, 2 sql, 2 file server, 2 DC and possibly ERP database server)

We are focusing on using this SAN for server consolidation and migrate all server to virtualized platform on SAN,

My hardware vendor has given me following specs,

Intel SR2612URR-based Storage Appliance
    Includes:
    Intel E5630 CPU
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    6 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
    Intel RS2BL040 SAS/SATA Gen2 LSI RAID Adapter
    Intel RAID Premium Feature Key w/SSD Cache and Fastpath I/O
    Intel X25-E 32GB SSD for RAID SSD Cache
    Intel RMM3 Remote Management Module
    12 HotSwap SATA/SAS Drive Bays including Carriers
    Redundant 750W Power Supplies
    Rackmount Rails
    Seagate Cheetah 15K

he is suggesting to use OpenE’s SAN software with this Box,

other product we have looked at are Dell’s equallogic ps4000x and HP Lefthand p4300,

there is a considerable saving on built box, but I need to know how safe it is to use such a box in production? How easy it is to setup and maintain? what are the failure chances of the hardware? or RAID going corrupt?

What you guys recommend?

Can some body suggest their experience with these type of box?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: