Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

corrupt MS Excel (XLS and XLSX)

Home Forums Other Misc corrupt MS Excel (XLS and XLSX)

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • layosti

I have important MS Excel file data and unfortunately got damage due to virus attacks, so my crucial Excel sheet got lost, How to repair corrupt MS Excel (XLS and XLSX) Files. If have any solution please assist me.

Sean_Smith
    Participant

To repair corrupt Excel file, I can suggest the following fixes:
    1. Open Excel file in Safe mode: To open MS Excel file in safe mode type; Excel \safe. If it will open easily then, you can check the Add-Ins and delete the unwanted COM Add-Ins.

2. Delete COM Add-Ins: To delete the Add-In, these are simple; steps which you need to follow:
    1.Open MS Excel, Go to Files then Options
    2.Select Add-Ins from Excel Options Window
    3.Select COM Add-ins under Manage drop-down list and press Go
    4.Delete Unwanted Add-ins and try to open your file

3. Open and Repair: If the above methods won’t work then try this inbuilt option to repair the file. Open MS Excel, go to Open, and select the file. From the drop-down list, you need to select the Open and Repair option. follow the instructions and repair the file.
    If open and repair won’t work then read the following blog: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/ms-excel-open-and-repair-option-is-not-working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: