VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

Copying Virtual Machines Help

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization Copying Virtual Machines Help

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dieseltrain

I am trying to copy 5 virtual machines(includes 2 domain controllers) in a working lab environmnet to another new server/host I have setup on a different vlan. I started off by clicking browse the datastore on the original server with esxi and copied each folder for each virtual machines to a external hard drive, then I copied those same backed up virtual machines to the next servers datastore. I then added each virtual machine to the inventory by right clicking the .vmx file on each virtual machine folder. I powered on the machines and they cannot ping each other, but the issue I’m running into is the 2 domain controllers are not talking to each other either, I can log into each domain controller invidually only. As an example, domain controller1(winner.com), i can log onto the domain, and domain controller 2(second.winer.com) I can log onto that domain also. So bottom line all 5 virtual machines cannot ping each other. Am I missing a step? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By