Copy URL Link to Specific User Desktops

Home Forums Scripting General Scripting Copy URL Link to Specific User Desktops

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    biggles77

I am posting very, very tired so there is likely to be missing information galor. Can’t even find the bloody script I was using that i save to a USB.

Created a BAT file and inserted something like:

xcopy [URL=”file://servername/sharename”]\servernamesharename[/URL] “The Reading Eggs” c:usersusernamedesktop[/CODE]

I have tried putting quotes round the whole thing but I am missing something really simple. The Reading Eggs is the shortcut I crearted by draging the URL from the browser to the desktop. I have tried to deploy it using a GPO linked to the Machine and NOT the User. I can’t check the User end for a result because the previous tech locked the User Desktop and everything down. Can’t remove them as it was on a previous DC and I need to replicate what he did and try and reverse it. Is going to be easier to reimage every machine but I want to see how I have screwed the script.

A simple line and I can’t see what I have missed and I have done this successfully on previous ocassions.

Thanks.[CODE]xcopy [URL=”file://servername/sharename”]\servernamesharename[/URL] “The Reading Eggs” c:usersusernamedesktop[/CODE]

I have tried putting quotes round the whole thing but I am missing something really simple. The Reading Eggs is the shortcut I crearted by draging the URL from the browser to the desktop. I have tried to deploy it using a GPO linked to the Machine and NOT the User. I can’t check the User end for a result because the previous tech locked the User Desktop and everything down. Can’t remove them as it was on a previous DC and I need to replicate what he did and try and reverse it. Is going to be easier to reimage every machine but I want to see how I have screwed the script.

A simple line and I can’t see what I have missed and I have done this successfully on previous ocassions.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.