confusion and problem slipstreaming w2k3

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 confusion and problem slipstreaming w2k3

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shmengie

top o’ the morning to you all. here’s my sitch:

my confusion: following daniel’s instructions to the letter, applying sp1 is only updating the i386 folder. sounds right. but then, in making the iso, he says to also delete the docs, support, value added, and components folders. forget about the fact that i don’t have a ‘components’ folder; why delete them? they weren’t changed. then he says to add them back in at a later step. from where? again, nothing was changed.

my problem: i figured the best thing to try would be to ignore the delete/re-add of those folders and just delete/re-add the i386 folder and then burn the iso. everything seems to go okay (no errors and winiso still shows the image as bootable). but, when i try to boot, i get the following black screen/white text error:

Code:
    INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 14.
    Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

so, my question: where’s the ‘any’ key? :) okay, my real question(s): what’s the deal with deleting/re-adding those non-changed folders? what’s the deal with that error? google gave me plenty of hits, but no answers.

thx!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.