Configuring shared local DC and Exchange for business units having different internet

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Configuring shared local DC and Exchange for business units having different internet

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    iypatel

I want to setup Local Domain Controller and Exchange so that company can take the advantages of Active Directory and have its own Exchange for sending/receiving e-mails.

Need guidance for configuring domain controllers and exchange for the following scenario:

1. One company with two business units each has its different internet domain name
    Business Unit 1: ipmkt1.com
    Business Unit 2: ipmkt2.biz

2. Company wants to share hr such that
    [email protected] and [email protected] can be assigned to shared sales personell
    [email protected] and [email protected] can be assigned to same admin personell

3. Company wants to share phyiscal location/network/hardware/software resources therefore keeping these resources centralized

4. Setup will be done on Windows Server 2008 Std and Exchange Server 2010 Std editions.

Initial set of broad questions are:
    1. Should I go for single forest/single domain, single forest/multiple domains, multiple or separate forest for domain?
    2. How Exchange would be positioned in each of the above case?

Any reference, article, book or supporting material in this regard would be helpful to put myself on track to address this scenario.

Regards,
    IP

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.