Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Communicating between Hyper-V Server and a laptop guest o/s (VMware Workstation)?

Home Forums Virtualization Other Virtualization Products and Issues Communicating between Hyper-V Server and a laptop guest o/s (VMware Workstation)?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Mr Davo

Hi Everyone,

I am experimenting with Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 on my personal computer.

To do so I have setup Hyper-V Server in a dual boot configuration with Windows 7; this way my wife can use our PC as normal (to perform banking, look at Facebook, etc), and I can use the PC for a learning tool.

At the moment whilst I have successfully setup Hyper-V Server I am experiencing some difficulty accessing it with the Remote Administration Tools. My specific challenge is networking related, and more specifically caused by the fact that I am running VMware Workstation on a laptop which I am then attempting to connect to the Hyper-V Server with!

Here is a diagram which better explains my setup!

hyper-text transfer protocol (full colon) // i58 (dot) tinypic (dot) com/4fti8p (dot) jpg

My Hyper-V Server is on the I.P. address 192.168.0.1, my Laptop Host is on 192.168.0.2, and my Laptop Guest is on 192.168.0.3.

I can ping too and from the Hyper-V Server through the Laptop Host (192.168.0.2). I can also ping from the Laptop Host to the Laptop Guest, however I cannot ping from the Laptop Guest (192.168.0.3) directly to or from the Hyper-V Server (192.168.0.1).

Can anybody think of any issues which would prevent a Guest O/S (running in VMware Workstation) from being able to ping to the Hyper-V Server?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: