Comments Requested – Resource Pools as a Means of Organizing

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization Comments Requested – Resource Pools as a Means of Organizing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mahlerdw

I work as part of a team supporting a VmWare environment. The environment consists of several clusters across approximately 12 pretty beefy blades. This environment supports a total of approximately 200 virtual machines.

It has become common practice to create resource pools with default settings to organize servers by purpose.

All servers in the Production Cluster, for instance, are a member of 1 of 13 resource pools. No servers run outside a pool. The number of members within a resouce pool range from 1 to 40.

Again, the resource pools are used for organization only, no configuration is being done on the pool.

I have done reading on this topic and I am fairly certain this has a huge negative impact on our virtual environment. I have worked within the VMware environment for several years. I know my way around VMWare but I am no expert by any means. I need concrete information to 1.) Learn that I am wrong and leave it alone, or 2) To support my argeument to stop this practice.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.