Coming Soon: GET-IT: Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET-IT: Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Citrix XenApp 7.5

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Bertmax

OK, first of all, I know it’s really just XenDesktop now, but that’s part of my problem. I’m in charge of testing software as it interacts with different virtual environments. I’ve recently set up a XenDesktop 7.5 environment, but so far, I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to publish an application. I am attempting to recreate the ability of XenApp 6.5 to publish an application that can be retrieved via web page, but am confounded by the new way of doing things. While I wasn’t exactly a Citrix expert before, I’m lost now. It doesn’t appear you’re able to publish applications to just users or groups anymore, you have to specify a machine, too.

Now, part of my problem is that I am on limited resources. Until we move to our new data center, I don’t have the space to create more than one machine, which is the machine I used to sequence my package. This machine is part of a Desktop OS (Virtual) catalog and a static applications delivery group. I can get the application published to the Receiver, but it’s not opening.

Basically what I’m looking for is if anyone can tell me if the ability to publish an application to any machine not specifically listed in a machine group even exists anymore, and, if so, how do you do it?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: