CISCO VLANs/DHCP Server/Multi-vendor Environment

Home Forums Networking Cisco Routers & Switches How-to CISCO VLANs/DHCP Server/Multi-vendor Environment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gfrancis

I am trying to create 3 VLANs on a CISCO2950 switch (192.168.1.0, 192.168.2.0, 192.168.3.0). I plan to use the router-on-a-stick concept with a CISCO2801 in place. I have couple of questions regarding this:

1) Can I configure dhcp server on the cisco 2801 router to serve all the 3 vlans? I want all the 3 VLANs to be able to communicate with each other. And the PCs connected to each VLAN should get an appropriate IP address. Can someone provide sample code on how to configure the DHCP server on the router with multiple scopes (each working for a spearate VLAN)?

2) I have a multi-vendor environment with 3 additional Netgear GS-724T switches on the LAN. If I split the CISCO 2950 switch into 3 VLANS (VLAN A ports 1-8, VLAN B ports 9-16, VLAN C ports 17-24), can I add one netgear switch to each vlan by simply hooking them up to ports on the 2950 switch which belong to the the appropriate VLAN? Would I have to enable trunking on the netgear switches as well? Or is it as simple as plug and play?

My questions might be a bit too complicated. Please let me know if you need clarification! :-)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.