n3tg33kMemberAug 06, 2011 at 3:31 pm #155778
I recently applied to a company, and before I even walked into the interview, they had me take a “personality test”. One I got there, they made me take an “IQ test”. And then before I met with the hiring manager, they made me take a “Network Engineer Exam.”.. they told me I had a half hour to complete this. This is NOT a company I would want to work for… but I copied the questions on the Engineer exam. Tell me how many of these you could answer….I’m a CCNP, and found a lot of them difficult!
1) Observe the following static route:
ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 Gig1/1
- What is an advantage of referencing interface Gig1/1 instead of a next-hop?
- What is a disadvantage
2) What is a “floating static” route?
3) What is a route-map? Name three configurations that might reference a route-map.
4) Observe the follow access-list:
ip access-list extended OUTSIDE_ACL
deny any 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255
This ACL is applied inbound to an interface. Will inbound traffic destined to 192.168.0.1 be
allowed or denied?
5) An inbound extended ACL named ALLOW_IN exists on your company Border Router. It is applied to the “outside” interface with the “access-group ALLOW_IN in” command. A junior admin accidentally deletes ACL_ALLOW_IN from the running-config. Is inbound traffic permitted or denied on the outside interface? Why?
6) Your company wants to configure an Internet Border Router with the following policy: Any traffic leaving the internal network destined to the internet is permitted. Traffic sourced from the public internet addresses is to be controlled with and extended ACL applied inbound and to the outside (internet facing) interface. An internal user wants to be able to browse a website at 220.127.116.11 port 80 from his PC with source IP 18.104.22.168.
Does the ACL need to be modified to permit the connection to 22.214.171.124? If so, write an ACL statement that would facilitate the connection.
7) What is a jumbo packet? How would you enable jumbo packet support on a Cisco device? Since configuration steps very between devices/models, choose any device and explain.
8)Write the CLI statements for configuring an industry-standard trunk link between two Cisco switches.
9) Write the CLI statements for configuring an etherchannel between two Cisco 3560 switches. Use two connections between ports G0/1 and G0/2 on each switch respectively. The etherchannel should be configured to disable negotiation between switches.
10) What is ACS and how is it used?
11) You have two Cisco routers with OSPF running on a single link between them. The subnet for the link is 10.1.1.0/30 How would you configure the interfaces to bypass the DR election and immediately form an adjacency during start-up?
12) What is netflow and how is it used?
13) What Cisco feature is available on medium to upper level platform routers (6500, 7200, ASR series…) that allows you to view current traffic through the router at the CLI?
14) An OSPF area is configured as “totally stubby” What will “show ip route ospf” reveal at the CLI?
15) In your personal professional experience, have you worked with a company that had a public BGP number? What was the number(s)?
16) You are troubleshooting a connectivity issue from a PC within your network to a public site. The PC is using a custom application that forms a TCP connection to port 5555.
a) What common CLI tool can you use to test the connection from the PC?
b) You find that the connection is not forming. What very common application could you use to
analyze the connection attempts?
c) You suspect that the problem is not network related and is probably due to an issue at the far
end. The remote party confirms they are receiving your traffic. What indication seen with
this tool could support your claim?
17) Your company has the registered C-class range 126.96.36.199. From your border router you will form a BGP peering relationship to an IP 188.8.131.52/30 remote AS 1111. Your BGP peer has IP 184.108.40.206.30 and your AS id 5555. You have two internal interfaces on your border router as well. The IP for one of these interfaces is 220.127.116.11/25and the other is 18.104.22.168/25. Write all necessary CLI commands to advertise your class-C range to AS 1111.
18) A router learns the following routes to destination 10.0.0.1:
VIA OSPF: 10.0.0.0/26 next-hop 172.16.1.1 VIA EIGRP: 10.0.0.0/24 net-hop 172.20.1.1
VIA STATIC: 10.0.0.0 next-hop 192.168.1.1 VIA RIP:22.214.171.124/28 next-hop 192.168.50.1
19) Please draw a layer 1 network diagram
20) Please draw a layer 2 network diagram
21) Please draw a layer 3 network diagram
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.