GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Cisco 1921 Router Config

Home Forums Networking Cisco Routers & Switches How-to Cisco 1921 Router Config

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    neilriach

Hi,

this is my first post in this forum and I am not that experienced in routing so please forgive my ignorance.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction considering the config of our Cisco 1921 router. We have two Windows servers in an offshore location which we would like to access via RDP. The servers are connected to the internet by a 1921 router with one interface (Gi0/0) connected to the internal network and interface (Gi0/1) connected to the internet via VSAT.

I can successfully connect to either server from our office but I cannot get internet access from our servers to download antivirus updates. I have used ‘ip nat inside source static’ to forward RDP traffic to the servers (see attached config) and used an access-list to limit access to only from our office IP address (x.x.x.x in the config file). When I delete the three access-list’s I can then get internet access but then obviously access to our servers can be made from any IP address.

I googled and found that I might require another access-list for the outgoing traffic so added another ip access-group 101 out to interface Gi0/1 together with an access-list 101 permit ACL but no success.

If anyone could offer some assistance I would be most grateful and indeed maybe even explain a better way to achieve access.

Regards

Neil

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.