GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Cisco 1811 Router and VPN Clients

Home Forums Networking Cisco Routers & Switches How-to Cisco 1811 Router and VPN Clients

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nikolaj7

Hi all,

I would like to ask if somebody can help me with an advice setting up my 1811 Router so that it can handle Cisco VPN clients.

I have successfully been able to set it up so that clients can connect to the router from outside.

The Cisco VPN client, when connected, is able to ping the inside gateway interface 192.168.1.1 but is not able to ping the other inside hosts nor access any internal resources.

I have first tried to give the client an ip adress on the 192.168.1.0 net as the other inside hosts and also tried to give the client an ip adress on the 192.168.2.0 net. Both did not work.

What should I be aware of here?

It runs Cisco IOS 12.4(6)T5.

Should I use a PIX or an ASA instead of the 1811 to do this? I also have a mailserver and a couple of other servers behind the router.

I have implemented ACL’s and CBAC to secure the network.

I also have a problem accessing one of my clients Microsoft VPN’s after implementing this router. The Microsoft VPN client stops when it verifies username and password with the Microsoft VPN Server and gives a timeout error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nikolaj

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.