Cisco 1141 draft 2 802.11n problems…

Home Forums Networking Cisco Routers & Switches How-to Cisco 1141 draft 2 802.11n problems…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • James Haynes

i have this 1141 draft 2 that is being a PITA. im not going to describe the entire scene i caused with it, and will try to keep this short.

i also need to make it clear that i am not a cisco master by any means and my level of ‘expertise’ is minimal to say the least.

i cannot get into the web management page to save my life. here is what i did…

i did a password recovery to get into the console. this worked. i can type “Cisco” after ‘enable’ and i get an elevated prompt (ap#) so that is working correctly.

even though i did the password/AP reset, i still had the same host name and bad IP address/wrong tfpt, etc. i couldnt find the config.txt file in “flash:” so i didnt know how to remove the config and start over, so here is what i did:

i killed the boot during the startup and formatted the flash: directory via console connection. i type “reload” or “boot” but nothing worked because i formated the flash directory.

i got the newest version of the firmware… the file was c1140-k9w7-tar.152-4.JB4.tar, but i have access to all the images.

i take the bricked AP and using the set command…
    set IP_ADDR 192.168.1.50
    set NETMASK 255.255.255.0
    set DEFAULT_ROUTER 192.168.1.1

then i init_tfpt…

so then i do:
    tar -xtract tfpt://192.168.1.100/c1140-k9w7-tar.152-4.JB4.tar flash:/

and it starts blowing up lines of crap as it decompresses the tarball and does its thing…

it finishes all that tar crap and then i tell it to “boot” which it did. i figured i would have this thing to the way it comes out of the box, but i still cannot open the web browser.

it doesnt respond to pings either. its correctly able to use the tftp and ping my box, but i cannot open the IP either https or http to use the web feature… and i kinda need that cause im horrible at creating multiple SSIDs via the command line and would prefer to use the browser to set that up.

so what did i mess up? i was pretty sure that formatting the flash and then using the latest image would put things pretty much back to the OBE state, but its not.

how do i enable the web feature via console connection? how can i enable ICMP replies so that i can ping it?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: