Child domain or a new one??

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Child domain or a new one??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jkhan

Hi Guys,

We are currently have a 2003 domain at our London site, about 80 users. We are in the process of setting up a site in Aberdeen which will be around possibly for 2 years with up to 25 users. Now its a bit complicated but the aberdeen site is not completely part of the company so access will need to be quite tight.

The company would like the users at new site to be able to see certain data on our London domain and for all our users in London to be able to login fully if they travel to this new site and work as normal. And if possible, maybe the Aberdeen remote users authenticate at the London office.
    The thing is, the company doesnt know if the new site will develop or not after two years and could well be that the site closes down, so this is something I will need to consider when designing the domain.

Possible solutions:

1. Do I setup a child domain for the new office?
    2. Do I setup a new domain all together and setup some kind of trust relationship.

Any ideas to what would be the best practice for this scenario?

Thanks

J

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.