Changing Domain Name due to Merger

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Changing Domain Name due to Merger

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • nathjodxh

Hi Everyone,
    I’m in need of advice on how to change the domain name for my company. We currently have the following infrastructure:

1. SBC 2003 SP2 server with domain name SBC
    2. 8 users in office that logon using SBC domain.
    3. Currently purchased a new server with 2008 r2 – not in production yet

After reading a few posts, people suggest that setting up a new server with a new domain name (MAS) is cleaner that changing the domain name on the existing SBC 2003 (SBC). So here are my questions with this scenario:

1. Can i run 2 different primary domains on the same network or add the new domain as a child in the forest (then somehow make it the primary and remove the old domain)?
    2. If i run 2 primary domains, is there a way to copy the AD users/groups structure from a different domain?
    3. On client PCs do i have to recreate their profile using the new domain?

logan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: