GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

change a users name on the domain, email etc

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 change a users name on the domain, email etc

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    cygnus

Hi this must be a common situation but I’m not sure of the best way to address it.
    I am looking after a small office, the setup is 1 server running Windows Server 2008 R2, 8 client PCs all running Windows 7 Pro.

One of the users has got married and so I need to change her name throughout the system – change login name, email address etc.

Can I just change the name of her account in Active Directory. If I do will she still be able to access all her files and folders as before?
    She uses Outlook on her local machine to access email, we do not use Exchange to handle the emails they are handled by an external mail serer. Di I ned to create a brand new email account or is there a way to just change the name on her existing account in Outlook so she doen’t lose all her mailboxes .

Is there a standard procedure I can follow to change her name, login, emails etc

many thanks people :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.