GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Certificate issue with Public Folders

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Certificate issue with Public Folders

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shades

Hi Everyone,

Windows Server 2003 Ent SP2 and Exchange 2003 Ent SP2.

I have a problem issuing a certficate with a common name of my external DNS of mail.domain.com. I can’t open my Public Folders in ESM or through OWA. I was getting an error that the certificate name does not match the server name.

When I use the internal host name as a common name, I have no problems with the Public Folders but I do get a certificate error in the browsers when connecting to OWA. Even if you install the certificate on the local machine, it keeps coming back. If you continue, it will open OWA with no issues. This error seems to be bugging some users and they requested a fix.

I tried to disable GPO: Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Internet Control Panel>Advanced Page>Check for server certificate revocation

This did not work. I want to avoid changing the external DNS of mail.domain.com if possible.

Please help! Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.