Cannot rename "My Pictures" folder on non-system partition w/Windows Explorer

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Windows Vista Cannot rename "My Pictures" folder on non-system partition w/Windows Explorer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pecus

On a OEM installation of Vista, I have an extra partition which I use for documents. Coming from XP I had a “My Pictures” folder stored on that partition ( D: ). I copied all of my data folders from a backup.

I cannot rename this “My Pictures” folder with Windows Explorer. If I do, the name changes in Explorer (and “General” property view) but the folder on the file system still has the “My Pictures” name. The only way to rename the folder is trough command prompt (DOS command: ren).

If I rename via command prompt, Explorer does not display the new/correct name.

The Property view displays the correct name only under the Sharing tab (the folder is not shared).

Permissions are standard and work for any other file/folder, so this is clearly a case of Vista fiddling with the name because of its presumed type (picture folder).

Note I did not move nor re-referenced the user picture folder (which is still c:UsersmyloginnamePictures)

Windows Vista Ultimate Italian w/English Language Pack

Thank you for any help, this is really bugging me.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.